There are many paths to success. Why not take the direct one with us?
Do you study international relations, political science or management and follow the latest news? Do you want to be active and learn from experienced professionals? Are you brave enough to accept this challenge?
If you happen to nod to all of these questions, then you should not miss the opportunity to join the team of the Central European Strategy Council (SC). We are looking for young people who want to participate in inspiring projects such as the GLOBSEC Forum that shape political thinking in Slovakia and Europe. SC is offering a professional working environment focusing on project management, organisational and research work in current security and foreign policy issues. On top of that, you can get in touch with top experts and political representatives from around the world!
SC is the place to be for dynamic students, particularly under-graduates/bachelor students in International Relations, Politics, European Studies, Economics, Management or other related disciplines. The role varies, but may include research assistance, administrative tasks and organisational work. The duration of the internships varies from three weeks to ten months. Even though this scheme is unpaid, we offer invaluable experiences, know-how and opportunity to work in the dynamic team in one of the top NGOs in this field.
What do we offer?
- unforgettable work experience in the fastest growing non-government organisation in the field of international relations in Central Europe
- involvement in short-term projects with international outreach such as the GLOBSEC forum, one of the top five foreign policy and security forums in the world, or TATRA SUMMIT, the economic and EU affairs equivalent of GLOBSEC
- involvement in long-term expert projects with the Transfer of Know-How programme in the Balkans, EAP region etc. or policy-making projects with the Central European Policy Institute and many others
- training activities focused on improving your communication and presentation skills, assertiveness, presentation skills, time management and business ethics
- invitations to selected events organised by SC with participation of distinguished figures of international politics
- possibility to receive references for future employees
- prospects of becoming an employee of the SC family
What do we expect?
- under-graduate/bachelor studies in International Relations, Politics, European Studies, Management and Economics or other related disciplines
- proven understanding of international relations
- fluency in English
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- IT literacy, experience with MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and willingness to develop these skills to an --- advanced level
- enthusiasm with a Can-Do attitude
Grab your opportunity and send us your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 December 2014